The 2023 wedding season is just around the corner! In fact, my 30-day countdown to my first wedding of the year is about to begin!
One of my favorite things about the kickoff to wedding season is that I finally get to see all the hard work that couples have put into their planning and design for their big day. It is such a joy to see the special touches each couple has planned to make their wedding uniquely their own. Sometimes, these bright ideas catch on and eventually, over time, grow into the latest wedding trends!
I saw some brilliant ideas last year that are definitely catching on and now the latest wedding day trends! I have a handful that I am super into right now, and I think you might like to hear about them too…
So I have for you,
1. Welcome dinner, pre-wedding party! – Every couple must face this one hard truth, the wedding day will come to an end, and sometimes, it often can feel like it ends too soon. One way to extend the celebration? Get the party started with a welcome dinner! This is a great way for you to spend extra time with your family and bridal party, as well as an activity for your out of town guests to do on their travel day! The great thing is, this can cost as much or as little as you have a budget for, just tell your friends when and where to meet and everyone can take care of their own tab, the point is to simply spend more time together!
2. Hiring help for you pups! – There is no denying that pet owners consider their animals to be family members, so it makes sense that more and more couples are incorporating their pups into their wedding days! From including pets into the family portraits, to having your pups walk down the aisle, I am seeing more furry friends than ever on wedding days! However, handling your pets and keeping them comfortable can be a fairly stressful and another logistical detail to figure out, so there is now one more vendor being included in the vendor lineup – a pet attendant! Hiring a handler makes including your pet on your wedding day possible & stress free! I recommend checking out Furever and Fur Always.
3. Petite Bouquets – Petite bouquets are one of the top trends that is on the rise! Instead of large and wild arrangements that we’ve seen in previous years, petite bouquets are simple and elegant. The reason these petite bouquets are becoming popular is because they are easy to carry and look great in photos! They also allow you to showcase your wedding attire and jewelry without being overshadowed by your flowers.
4. Nontraditional Guest Books – One of the most fun parts of planning a wedding is finding ways to personalize it and make it reflect your style and story. One way to do that is by choosing a nontraditional guest book that suits your wedding theme and personal interests.
Some examples of nontraditional guest books are:
These nontraditional guest books are not only creative but also super meaningful! You can display them in your home after the wedding and cherish them forever.
5. Love Drunk Photos – Last but not least, one of my favorite trends for 2023 and 2024 weddings is what I am calling love drunk photos. These are candid shots where you and your partner look blissfully happy and intoxicated by love. They capture the raw emotion and joy of your wedding day. Love drunk photos are usually taken during or after the formal part of the reception, when you’re having fun on the dance floor, sharing a sweet kiss, or laughing with your friends. They’re spontaneous, funny, and romantic and usually involve photography techniques like direct flash & motion blur. They’re so much fun and feel very vintage!